“I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship…”
Humphrey Bogart’s parting line in Casablanca sums up how we feel about your first visit to our office. We know most people aren’t excited to go to the dentist, but we see this challenge as an opportunity to show you what we believe:
You deserve to look forward to the dentist.
500+ 5-star reviews and counting…
“Really enjoyed my first visit to this dentist’s office. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff all around. The hygienist and dentist answered all my questions. They were familiar with my obscure insurance plan and had great info about maximizing my benefits. I recommend them if you are looking for a dentist.” – Brent S.
Meet your dentist!
When it comes to recommending treatment, our approach is a little different from what you might be used to. We tend to be a bit more conservative and only recommend treatment when it’s necessary and the benefits are clear. Our investment in high-tech dentistry allows us to monitor and assess your dental health in ways that other dentists can’t.
You’ll also get plenty of time to ask questions and learn more about our wide variety of treatment options. Questions you might want to ask include:
- How does your dental health affect your body’s health?
- How can we help?
- What should I be doing at home? Do I need an electric toothbrush?
- Are chipped or cracked teeth something to worry about?
During your first visit, we’ll also…
Take a set of digital images and x-rays
Why? To give us a better “picture” of your dental health. It’s also a very useful reference that allows us to evaluate changes in your health over time.
Thoroughly clean your teeth
Why? So you get that fresh-from-the-dentist feeling, of course! Plus it removes sticky plaque and tartar that contribute to gum disease and cavities. Our hygienists will also show you proper brushing and flossing techniques.
Do a quick oral cancer screening
Why? Oral cancer is more common than most people think. Over 50,000 people are diagnosed each year. Early detection is key. Your dentist can check for oral cancer in just a few minutes and you won’t feel a thing.
Evaluate your gum health
Why? Gum disease is a serious health problem. Recent studies link gum disease to diabetes, heart attacks, and even some cancers. Most people don’t realize that they have gum disease (or are at risk for it) until it’s too late. But the good news is that there are options for treating gum disease. Gum surgery is not always needed!
Planning a visit? Read these frequently asked questions
“I’m a little scared of the dentist, can you help?”
Of course we can! That’s what we’re here for. We want you to feel comfortable before, during, and after your visit. We take a lot of pride in helping people with dental anxiety get the care they need without worry, fear, or stress.
Read more about how we help our patients overcome dental anxiety forever.
I haven’t been to the dentist in years. Will you think I’ve done a “bad” job taking care of my teeth and gums?
Our office is a 100% judgment-free zone. Nobody’s perfect and your dental health is nothing to be ashamed of. Even if it’s been years since you last visited the dentist, we’re just excited that you came to see us.
You’ll leave our office feeling confident and excited about the future of your dental health.
“Do you take my dental insurance?”
Dental insurance isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. There are many drawbacks and misunderstandings about what dental insurance really is. Read more about how we explain dental insurance to our patients.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Our office is “non-contracted” with all insurance companies. As long as your dental insurance allows you the freedom to pick the provider you want to see, we can help!
- Our expert front office team will work with you to file your claim and make sure you get the most out of your dental insurance.
- If you don’t have dental insurance, we accept a variety of payment methods. We even offer pre-payment discounts and financing through CareCredit and LendingClub. Call 512-835-1924 to learn more.
5 simple reasons you should become a patient at Austin Dental
- We never rush, judge, or pressure you.
- You’ll never feel like a number in a computer.
- You’ll feel more relaxed and comfortable than you’ve ever been at the dentist before.
- We’ll see you fast (no waiting weeks or months for an appointment).
- We do most treatments in-house with hardly any referrals to outside specialists.
So go ahead, find out how good your dentist can be…