Let’s take a look at the investments our practice has made in high-tech dental care and why our patients can’t stop talking about them.
“Technology is a part of our lives every day. Everywhere we turn we use it to make life easier, faster, and more informative. It seems that going to the dentist has never been on the list of high-tech experiences over the years, but lately, that has changed. Dental offices are no longer an intimidating environment. We’ve created our practice with an emphasis on modern technology that inspires relaxation and comfort.”
– Hoppy Lane, D.D.S.
Getting a crown after a dental implant or root canal used to take a handful of trips back and forth to the dentist. You’d start by gagging on a goopy impression and then you’d have to wear a temporary crown. Hopefully, once your final crown was ready it would fit as expected.
There’s a better (high-tech) way to get a crown made!
At Austin Dental, we’ve invested in CEREC technology that allows us to craft picture-perfect dental crowns right here in our office. No temporary and no impressions needed!
Using a 3D scanning system, we can quickly and easily create a digital model of your tooth. This model creates a computerized “blueprint” that our CEREC machine uses to mill your crown from a solid block of tooth-colored, porcelain-like material. The process is fast, easy, and the results are amazing.
CEREC same-day crowns:
- Require no impression, temporary crown, or a trip back to the dentist
- Always look and function like a natural tooth
- Are durable and can last for decades with proper care
Digital imaging technology
This can lead to multiple reshoots and extra time at the dentist. Plus, film radiographs don’t always provide a high level of detail. This can leave your dentist in the dark when planning an implant or other procedure.
At Austin Dental, we’ll show you the future of dental technology: digital imaging.
With digital imaging technology:
- Images are much higher resolution and quality. Our dentists can plan procedures more accurately and achieve better results.
- There’s only a fraction of the radiation used compared to traditional dental x-rays.
- We get great images on the first try — fewer retakes mean less time sitting and waiting.
- You can see the images and review them with your dentist. You’ll feel more empowered about your dental health!
Galileos 3D scan
Our 2D dental images are awesome. But sometimes a 3D image can provide our dentists with even more information. Think of it as the difference between a map and a globe. When you need to see the big picture, a globe is the best tool for the job!
Using the Galileos 3D scanning system, our dentists:
- Are able to identify and diagnose infections and anatomical irregularities
- Plan implant procedures with incredible precision, as they can see the shape and health of your jaw bone in incredible detail
With 3D imaging, the system takes thousands of high-definition photos in just a few seconds. the software then stitches these images together to create a 3D representation of your mouth or tooth. This image can then be used to fabricate a custom-fit crown or bridge in just one appointment. It can also be used to link with a 3D printer to make clear aligners for orthodontics or hard plastic night guards to protect your teeth from night-time grinding or clenching.
Intraoral cameras allow you to:
- See exactly what your dentist sees in real-time
- Feel more empowered and in control of your health
- Work closely with your dentist to plan your treatment
Plus, your dentist can save these images to the cloud, allowing us to see changes in your health over time.
In addition to intraoral cameras, you might notice our team wearing unusual dental glasses with magnifying features and LED headlamps. It might look a little funny, but this technology allows your dentist and dental hygienist to see magnified areas more clearly, without the need for a bright light shining in your eyes. We might even place high-tech microscopes over your mouth, depending on the procedure!
- Treat tooth sensitivity
- Remove tooth decay
- Clean root canals and fight gum disease
- Whiten teeth
Not all of the technology we’ve invested in at Austin Dental is found in our treatment areas. You’ll even find some of it right here on our website in the form of online appointment scheduling.
Instead of calling our office, you can schedule an appointment at a time that’s convenient for you, right from your phone or computer. You can schedule your appointment between meetings at work or before you tuck into bed at night. Of course, if you do prefer that human connection, you’re always welcome to call our office at (512) 835-1924.
Technology isn’t our goal — making sure you have a great relationship with your dentist is!
At Austin Dental, we only invest in the technology that we know will improve your experience at our office. Going to the dentist should never feel bad and the technology available at Austin Dental will:
- Help you feel confident about your care and that you’ve found a dentist you can trust
- Increase the number of services we can perform in-house with fewer referrals to outside specialists
- Lead to more efficient and more effective treatments. You’ll be back living a healthy and happy life in no time at all.
See for yourself!
Are you looking for a dentist you can trust? Do you find yourself wishing that you didn’t dread your next dental appointment? We’d love to show you our practice and how we make going to the dentist a positive experience, every single time.
Read more about our new patient experience and what you can expect on your first visit.