Dental Cleanings & Exams in Austin, TX
Healthy teeth and happy smiles start right here!
Great Teeth, Better Life
Regular preventive care from a dental team you trust will help you avoid cavities, gum disease, and many other dental health problems.
Our approach is simple: no matter how long it’s been since your last visit to the dentist, we’ll welcome you to our office without any judgment. We want what’s best for you and your health. We’ll work together to help you develop a plan for keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
Get started today. Our friendly dentists and hygienists can’t wait to see you. Request your appointment at Austin Dental.
Regular Dental Cleanings Are The Key to Health
Brushing and flossing at home are a great first step toward preventing cavities and gum disease. However, not all bacteria can be removed through at-home care alone. Over time, these bacteria can form sticky and hard-to-remove plaque.
That’s where our dental cleanings come in. We’ll gently and thoroughly clean your teeth, removing bacterial buildup from even the hardest to reach spots.
Our preventive approach helps you:
- Minimize your risk of cavities and gum diseases
- Protect your total body wellness against conditions like diabetes and heart disease that are linked to poor dental health
- Keep your teeth feeling fresh and clean
Our Dental Exams
In addition to a thorough dental cleaning, your tooth exam also includes:
- Oral cancer screening – This is a quick and non-invasive exam designed to catch cancers of the gums, tongue, and cheeks early.
- Digital imaging and x-rays – To assist in the diagnostic process, we’ll use high-tech modern x-rays and digital imaging technology to create high-def images of your teeth and bone structure. They’re very fast and you’ll be able to review the results with your dentist right away.
- Gum health evaluation – Gum health is just as important as tooth health! In fact, without healthy gums, you can’t have healthy teeth (and vice versa). Your dentist will look for signs of periodontal disease and talk to you about your gum disease risk.
- Bite alignment and mandibular joint check – If you have jaw pain, trouble sleeping, or chronic headaches, a misaligned bite or inflamed jaw joint might be the culprit.
How often should I get my teeth cleaned?
To achieve healthy teeth and gums, we recommend cleanings every six months. Those visits, along with at-home care, are the best combination for maintaining optimal dental health.
Are your x-rays safe?
Yes! We use digital x-rays that use state of the art equipment. They use a fraction of the radiation of traditional film radiographs and provide clearer images, too!
Does it matter what kind of toothbrush I use at home?
Your hygienist will talk to you about your home care routine. They’ll help you determine which toothbrush and toothpaste are right for you.
Keeping your teeth clean with the latest technology
Using the Prophylaxis Master, we provide a gentle and technologically advanced procedure that makes teeth cleaning more comfortable and efficient than ever!
We believe visiting the dentist should never feel bad.
That’s why we have created a practice of experienced dentists committed to all aspects of your oral health. You’re in good hands here!
“I had so much apprehension going into today after dealing with a large chain where I was made to feel really badly for the state of my teeth. Both the hygienist and doctor were very comforting and I walked away feeling great. I can’t say enough great things about this place and can confidently say that I will be a customer for life.”
– F. J.
Meet Your Dentists
Great Teeth and a Better Life Start Here
Ready to feel empowered and in control of your dental health? Schedule your next dental exam and tooth cleaning today. Our convenient Austin office is always welcoming new patients.
Come see us!
Located on the ground floor of Westlake Dermatology
8825 Bee Caves Rd, Suite E
Austin, TX 78746
Mon – Thurs: 8:00AM – 5:00PM