The short answer is YES!
Here at Austin Dental, we have always prioritized the health and safety of our patients and our team. We take infection control seriously and it shows in the technologies and protocols that we’ve made part of our “new normal.”
Here’s more good news. Vaccines are here. Currently, everyone in Texas, ages 16 and over is eligible for a vaccine. In conjunction with continued social distancing and wearing masks, we expect COVID rates to continue dropping over the coming weeks and months.
“Will I still have to wear a mask at the dentist even if there’s no statewide mask mandate?”
Yes. At Austin Dental, we are still following CDC and ADA guidelines. These require that masks be worn by all patients and our team while inside our building.
“Are you reopening your waiting room?”
Not yet. Our waiting room is still closed as we are following all our initial COVID Safety Protocols. We miss chatting with our patients before and after their appointments and hope to get back to that soon. In the meantime we ask that patients contact us when they arrive and wait in their cars until their clinician is ready for them.
“What is Austin Dental doing to keep me safe?”
Over the past year, we’ve not only continued our commitment to patient safety but we have even gone a step further by making some office upgrades:
- UV sanitation system – Ultraviolet light kills pathogens like COVID.
- HVAC system – High-tech filtration system keeps viruses and other pathogens out of the air.
- Ozonated water – Ozone is an oxidant that kills microorganisms. It’s safe and a great way to ensure sterility during treatment.
- Ionization therapy – This method of air purification adds extra safety for patients and staff.
- Virtual “paperwork” – Not only does it reduce infections but it’s easier and more convenient for you.
Dos and Don’ts for visiting the dentist during COVID
- Do wear a mask to our office.
- Don’t visit the dentist if you’re coughing, have a fever, have been in contact with someone who has COVID, or if you are just feeling under the weather. We’re happy to reschedule your appointment.
- Do keep up with your regular checkups, cleanings, and exams. Staying on top of your dental health is the best way to have healthy, happy, and beautiful teeth for life.
- Don’t Don’t bring any unnecessary friends or family with you to your appointments.
- Do give our front desk a call when you arrive. We’ll let you know when we’re ready for you and it’s OK to enter our office.
- Don’t forget to schedule a follow-up appointment.
- Do your very best to stay relaxed and enjoy your visit to Austin Dental. We know this time is stressful and we’re doing everything we can to provide care as safely and as comfortably as possible.
Minimum contact and maximum safety
Going to the dentist should never feel bad. In fact, you deserve to feel good about your dentist. We make it oh so simple:
- Schedule your appointment
- Relax in your chair
- Love your smile!
Come see us (safely) at Austin Dental. Call 512-835-1924 for more information or with any questions you have. We’re here to help.